On Monday the Council is launching a 10 week consultation that we would like to make you aware of. We will be seeking people’s views on a proposed five year Selective Licensing scheme which would require all private sector landlords and letting agents in parts of Hadley and Leegomery, Malinslee and Hollinswood, Brookside and Sutton Hill and Woodside to be licensed and comply with a number of conditions including:
• knowing who is living in their properties and getting references for their tenants,
• visiting their properties regularly and ensuring there are regular safety checks done on them
• and helping the Council and the police deal with any anti-social behaviour involving any tenants or visitors to their properties.
A press release will be going out on Monday followed by some letters to residents and businesses located in and around the affected areas later in the week. If anyone contacts you directly as a result of this, please refer them to our website at http://www.telford.gov.uk/selectivelicensing where all relevant information will be available. This includes an explanatory video (available from Monday) and a link to the online consultation.
People can also check whether they live in an area affected by the proposed scheme by using our online post code checker which is available at: www.telford.gov.uk/slpostcodechecker
It is worth noting that we will be holding some local drop-in events during the consultation too. This is an opportunity for people to come along and meet with officers to discuss the proposals in more detail. These will be held on:
· Tuesday 18 July 3.00pm to 5.00pm Hadley Library (HLC)
· Wednesday 19 July 4.00pm to 6.00pm Hub on the Hill/ Sutton Hill Community Centre
· Tuesday 25 July 4.00pm to 6.00pm Park Lane Centre
· Wednesday 26 July 4.00pm to 6.00pm Hollinswood Neighbourhood Centre
· Tuesday 1 August 4.00pm to 6.00pm Brookside Central
· Thursday 3 August 2.30pm to 4.30pm Malinslee Family Centre at Old Park Primary
There will also be a drop in session at Malinslee Day on the 24th June in regards to this!